I thought I 'd post this here since there are a lot of landlords who deal in property frequently. Are structural surveys worth having or do you just get a long document full of get-out clauses like "consult a specialist on this matter" ?. I'd have thought a full structural survey should cover the fabric of the building and give you answers, not further ways of spending money to maybe find the answers. The property I'm thinking of buying is period, so I want a building surveyor rather than a GP surveyor. I want to know if woodworm is viable, I want to know if cavity wall ties are sound, but I don't think my 1000 is going to get me this information. Any ideas on what I should look for in a surveyor, or any recommendations on surveyors in Herefordshire/Worcs ?