I'm thinking of selling my last BTL, it's in joint names with my wife and we have never lived here. In fact we bought it for my Mother in Law so that she could be closer to us.

Anyway, I'm quite comfortable with the various tax reliefs but I was just wondering if this is something you can do yourself, or if you need to get an accountant or solicitor involved.

Whilst it is something you could probably do yourself you may wish to get an accountant with appropraite tax experience involved for peace of mind. I note that you brought it for your mother-in-law and presumably rented it to her, which may or may not cause a complication - hence you may need to speak to a tax expert rather than relying on forum views.

BTL Sale Tax Forms

In Ferryhill and Chilton in Co Durham you can buy a terrace with two or three beds for under 45k. Often as low as 22k.

These rent out for around 350 a month.

A two bed semi costs around 80k and rents for 450. (Far side of the village, nicer bit)

A three bed semi costs around 45k (this side of the village, rapidly improving) Rent 450 again really.

A four bed detached costs 125k These are all owned I think.

The terraces offer better yield value. Much. And it's a rental heaven. Rentals and geriatrics

Could you recommend a good agent in the area?

Its very critical question...Why do you need this information??

Liverpool and Manchester due to lots of opportunities such as jobs, business, education.

The terraces offer better yield value. Much. And it's a rental heaven. Rentals and geriatrics.