Thread: student loans

student loans

I've received an update of my student loan payback, and the interest alone is more than I feel I can pay off!

Does anybody have any advice or direction I can go in to reduce this or to think about paying it off?

I feel that I am a little bit out of my depth here

Hi. Welcome to the site.

We need more info to help you. Can you provide your income and expense information? List all debts with current balances and interest rates.

I'm willing to help, but I'm curious. You have already introduced yourself as a freelancer and savings expert. Are you really asking for advice or are you writing an article about this topic and need some input?

If you have extra money each month, send it to the student loans.

If you are lacking money, get a second job and put that money towards the student loans.

If you don't want a second job, sell some of your personal stuff and put the proceeds towards the student loans.

see the pattern?

Your student loans plus accruing interest must be paid off. There is no avenue of escape. You need to re-allocate financial priorities as this will affect every decision for every dollar you earn or spend.

Why not consolidate your student loans? You are more than likely to get a more reasonable interest rate by selling your loans to a 3rd party.