Just closed the 529 plan

This is more of a blog topic, and I did just post a blog entry, but I thought I'd share here also. I just put in for the final withdrawal and account closure for the 529 plan. Fall tuition is due in about 3 weeks and there was only about $2,200 left in the account.

Total withdrawals from the 529 plan since 2014 have been $72,336.96. The end of college costs is within site.

Wow good for you!! How nice is that, congratulations!!

I plan to leave our's open when the kids are done and still contribute here and there for the future grandkids.

Thanks.

I didn't really see any reason to leave it open. She's our only child and if grandkids come along some day, I can always open a new account if we want to help them out in that way.

Closing DD's 529 sounds like another of life's markers. It's acknowledging DD will shortly pay 4th year tuition, becoming a university Senior, soon to graduate. Wow! wasn't it fast?

Congratulation Steve----4 years came too fast.

Well she isn't done quite yet, but she will start senior year in September and graduate on May 11th, 2018, so it'll be here before we know it.

Which reminds me, I need to book a hotel room for graduation weekend before they fill up.