and all this from Just and Old ARJI ( AverageRetiredJoeInvestor) ....Just passing on what I've discovered that many others Said Not to do..Of course, I've been doing that my whole life!

Don't Buy Leveraged ETF's! Unless you want to pay alot of taxes!

This just co-incides with it being Tax Time and to scare you from Investing your $ into Using Leveraged ETF's in the same Indexesm but your buying Option to Own them to pay back 3 Times as Much as you invested /Bet on them .

RetiredLimoman

Favorite

Ignore

Flag

Don't Buy Leveraged ETF's! Unless you want to pay alot of taxes!
    05-11-2017, 12:05 PM | Post #3841780

and all this from Just and Old ARJI ( AverageRetiredJoeInvestor) ....Just passing on what I've discovered that many others Said Not to do..Of course, I've been doing that my whole life!
    Subject:Why is CNBC Not being an advocate to use Leveraged ETF's?
    They say you will pay alot of Income taxes!
    This just co-incides with it being Tax Time and to scare you from Investing your $ into Using Leveraged ETF's in the same Indexesm but your buying Option to Own them to pay back 3 Times as Much as you invested /Bet on them .
    Thus For Every $1,000 InvestedYour getting teh Buying Power of how much? = $3,000!
    BUTT! Since you can't buy them with IRA $, you have to buy them with A Taxable Account..
    and that means? Paying upto 28% CG taxes!
    Geech, your only going to Net 72% on your Profits?
    Its Not worth it , is it? and its just too risky!
    Or exactly what the Big Power Investors get with their Money, that you use to have at least $1 Million in assest to be able to buy and get that extra 200% Credit to borrow the $..
    Now you can do that yourself and with only $25,000!
    That's the Minimum to own 1 of the many Leveraged ETF's!
    Your $25k buys $75k worth of that Investment as a Supporter of advocating to Buy & Hold Investors to use Some Leveraged ETF's...
    Do you B&H ( Buy & Hold) the S&P500 Index Fund?
    Did you ride thru thick and thin, like your supposed too do?Did you Buy more of it ( borrowed $ from your Bonds) when it goes on Sale ( Bear Markets)?
    then you'll Love this ETF!
    Lets start with just using the Direxion ETFs | ETF Database
    Ea. ETF cost a Min. of $25k to buy

And its the same old' DYOR and Investigate and use M* Watch or Their Port Mgr. Program to make up a Aritifical Port to track and use for a Few Yrs before Putting your $ on th eLine..

Sorry, but if you don't have an extra $25k or can't save that Up ? You best not Do this.. You can't afford to take the risk of you making too much $ and paying Alot more taxes, can you?

Robots will replace the UnEducated and Poorly Job Skilled Human, there will be No Jobs for them..Co.'s will flock to use them vs hiring more Humans.. Even to get into teh Trade unons one will need how to use Technology and thus need a Min of 4 Yrs education and 2-3 yrs as an Apprentice..